This course will certify you to use the leading scientific assessment of emotional intelligence. You get:
- personal EI assessment and debrief
- two follow up coaching sessions
- optional leadership report
- two days of training
- optional third day with a focus on delivery and capacity building
- certification to use the EQ-i 2.0 and the EQ 360
- The EQ Edge: Emotional Intelligence and Your Success
- customizable materials you need to run your own courses
If you have questions, please get in touch.
EQ-i 2.0 / EQ 360 Certification
This certification course, licenced by Multi-Health Systems Inc., will include detailed information and instruction on the administration, scoring, interpretation, development, norming, reliability and validity of the EQ-i 2.0. It will provide you with the information you will need to make educated and informed decisions regarding your employees or clients and to form the basis of a sound emotional intelligence skills development program.
The fees, plus applicable taxes (depending on location), include all materials received before or during the workshop, meals and refreshments served during the training, as well as certification in the EQ-i 2.0 from MHS.
Topics will include
- The history of emotional intelligence/review of various theoretical perspectives on emotional intelligence
- The development of the EQ-i 2.0/EQ 360
- How to administer the EQ-i 2.0/EQ 360 and to interpret results
- How to give constructive feedback on both the EQ-i 2.0 and the EQ 360
- Ethical use of the EQ-i 2.0 and EQ 360
- Practice giving feedback and interpreting results
Workplace Report, Leadership Report
Included with the course is your own personal EQ-i 2.0® Workplace Report, which places your EQ results in general workplace language.
You have the option to also request your Leadership Report, which compares your EQ results with other leaders and compares your EQ results with a transformational leadership model. If you work in the area of leadership development you will be very interested in this report.
See the drop down menu to select this option: it’s an additional $128.
DoubleTree by Hilton Toronto Downtown
108 Chestnut Street
Possible location change
Sometimes we need to change the location due to availability. If that happens we’ll keep you informed in your welcome registration email.
Map of the location
Continuing Coach Education, International Coach Federation
We are accredited by ICF to provide CCE units to our certification course participants:
- 9.25 Core Competency Credits,
- 6.75 Resource Credits (two days), and
- 6.25 Resource Credits (third day)
Resource Development includes training formerly called Personal Development, Business Development, or Other Skills and Tools.
“The EQ-i Certification Course has made a significant positive impact on my coaching business.”
Thomas Ucko, Ucko and Associates, San Francisco, CA
“I particularly liked the role modeling of using ’emotion triggering’ activities like the guitar playing. I rate this workshop 10/10!”
Elaine Thomas, Organizational Effectiveness, Suncor Energy Inc.
“David was great! What he brought in the way of extras – stories, experience, and music was fantastic!”
Tasha Engel, Management Consulting Services, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
“Excellent…I highly recommend David Cory. He combined knowledge (cognitive) with EQ in delivering a superb program.”
Dr. Scott Wright, Director, Saskatchewan Agriculture
Optional third day
All EQ Certification Courses are two days long and include certification with both the EQ-i 2.0® and the EQ 360 assessment tools.
There is also an optional third day. We call this the Leading with Emotional Intelligence Course and highly recommend it for professionals that want to polish their delivery skills and who want to the benefit of many additional tips and tricks.
Leading with Emotional Intelligence Competencies Course
Purpose: To create a deeper understanding of how to assist clients/participants to improve their EQ with a special focus on developing a comprehensive understanding of the MHS model and the EI competencies. Leading with EI is about making a choice to think about life and life’s challenges through the lens of EI.
Methodology: Through role modelling, direct instruction, interactive games and exercises, the facilitator (David Cory or Catherine Burdett) will take you through a one day course, explaining how and why we deliver the content the way we do. Through this process you will get ideas and approaches that you can use with your coaching clients and groups for any length of session. You will also receive the participant manual, course outline, PowerPoint slides, video clips, games and exercises – all in modifiable form so you can edit and use these materials in any way that meets your unique needs.
- be able to create a workshop, course, or Key Note presentation designed to introduce and develop EQ skills (again with the focus on teamwork and leadership, but can be easily modified for your specific purpose – and we’ll coach you on how to do this if you have questions)
- obtain all the materials in modifiable form to create participant manuals, handouts, course outlines, PowerPoint presentations, exercises, and games for specific learning points
understand at a deeper level what is required to create real sustainable EQ development for individuals and groups
- receive post-course support to address challenges faced in creating EQ development sessions for clients